How to create a logo: our perfect logo guide for your company
If you think an effective logo can stimulate a company’s business, you’re right. According to some recent studies, a prominent logo has an additional 13% chance to attract attention and an additional 7% chance to encourage customers to learn about a company.
Choose your logo creation tools
Think of the unique handwriting fonts of the Starbucks or Disney. Your logo must show your customers what makes your brand unique.
To create your logo, you can choose between professional and free options.
- Graphic design agencies: agencies know how to study a brand and choose the colours and shapes that best represent it. Most agencies will definitely create a good design for you, but this is the most expensive option.
- Freelance graphic designers: Most freelancers offer lower prices than agencies, but their skills vary. Be sure to check their references and portfolio to find the right graphic designer.
- Graphic design programs: paid or free software is useful to create your logo yourself. If you want to create your logo with Photoshop or Illustrator, it’s best to learn some basic design principles.
- Logo Creation Software: Logo creation software is an excellent option for beginners who want to create a custom logo in a simple way. Thanks to the ready-made shapes and templates, it’s easy to test different layouts.
Think about the logo you want to create
- What are the core values and benefits of your company? Think of the most interesting keywords and images you associate with your business. Do you put the customer at the heart of your concerns? Is your company eco-responsible? That’s crazy? Traditional? Innovative? Benevolent? Versatile? Family?
- What style conventions are common in your industry? Don’t hesitate to get inspired by your competitors. It is not a question of copying them but of discerning the style choices in your sector as a whole. Don’t be afraid to deviate from the norm if your business model or brand is based on innovation.
What are the characteristics that differentiate you from the competition? Discuss the essential reasons why your customers love your business. Are your products user-friendly? Handmade? Economical? Simple to use? High end? Unique?
- Where will you use your logo? On printed promotional materials? The packaging of your products? Your business cards? Your applications? Your vehicles? Your posters? Size and media type can affect the clarity of your logo. Be sure to create a logo that will have a big impact on a huge sign like a tiny avatar.